2019 Marketing and Sales Internship
Illinois’ Largest waterpark is a family-owned waterpark that has been providing fun and great customer service to guests of all ages for over ten years! The waterpark currently sits on 45 acres of land and hosts a huge wave pool, a lazy river, 26 waterslides, 3 kiddie play structures, zero-depth pool, sandy beach area, and multiple private cabana rentals.
Raging Waves Waterpark is seeking a highly enthusiastic Marketing and Sales Intern that wants to be challenged to reach their potential at a fun and family-friendly entertainment destination. You will gain experience being involved in all facets of marketing, including working directly with operational waterpark staff to ensure that all events are successful. This paid internship is perfect for those looking to gain experience in the marketing and entertainment field.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Coordinating and planning of special in-park events (Mascot Day, Princess Day, Jesse White Tumblers, and more!)
- Research and build calendar of off-site event appearances throughout summer
- Partnership contributions with Chili’s, Noodles & Company, Jewel Osco, Legoland, and many more!
- Execute group sales strategy, including prospecting and day-of event logistics
- Assist in public relations projects (Windy City Live, Telemundo, etc.)
- Organize local partnerships and potential guerilla marketing opportunities in the community
- Assist other interns as needed
- Additional job responsibilities as needed
As a Marketing and Sales Intern, you will represent Raging Waves Waterpark’s physical presence at a variety of community events and on-park events, and is a primary way for Raging Waves to directly engage guests. Marketing interns will distribute Raging Waves branded promotional items, photograph both the event and promotional efforts, collect emails for our distribution lists, and check in and post to social media outlets while at events. Interns will be active in the community, outgoing, informed, professional, and passionate about Raging Waves Waterpark.
Additional requirements include:
- Regular weekend and evening hours required for community events, but we will provide a schedule at least two weeks in advance.
- Knowledge of social media networks.
- Candidate must be a Junior or Senior majoring in marketing, communications, event planning, or business at an accredited college or university.
- Interns must be able to work 30+ hours per week, during peak summer weeks
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, work well under pressure, and be able to meet deadlines.
- Must be professional, dependable, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Graphic Design experience a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Application Deadline March 1st
This is a paid internship for the 2019 summer season. This position has the potential to start early with pre-season work if available. Please email resume and cover letter to Brad Donati – email@example.com. Include internship title in subject of email.