Bag and Cooler Policy
- Does Raging Waves offer promo codes? Yes! From time to time, Raging Waves Waterpark does offer promo codes. Customers are welcome to use them as long as their use does not violate the promotion's terms and conditions. Orders with promo codes that violate a promotion's terms and conditions will be canceled. Please note that some promo codes have certain residency restrictions.
- I am traveling with my pet. Can I bring them into the park with me? In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, only dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability are allowed in the park. Miniature horses are also allowed if they are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability are allowed in the park AND are housebroken, under the owner's control, and will not compromise the legitimate safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of Raging Waves. Unfortunately, emotional support animals are not allowed in the park. Although we can’t invite your furry friend to join us at Raging Waves, there are many options in the area for pet boarding
- What can I wear to and at Raging Waves? Attire must be appropriate for family environment: thong or G-String swimwear is not permitted. Additionally, sheer, mesh, and see-through clothing cannot be used as a cover up over bathing suits. Any guests wearing clothes that are deemed offensive, vulgar, or NOT family-friendly by Raging Waves management will be asked to change.
- What are the requirements to participate in swim activities? A lined swimsuit is required to participate in swim activities. Swim diapers are required for toddlers. T-shirts are allowed on all attractions except speed slides. Cover ups for speed slides are permitted but must be skin tight rash guards. Water shoes are permitted in the Wave Pool, Lazy River, Crocodile Mile, Boomerang, Koala Kove, Quokka-Nut Island and Kangaroo Falls. Water shoes are not permitted on any other attractions. All policies are at the discretion of Raging Waves management.
I can’t find someone
- What do I do if my party gets separated? We know that when visiting the waterpark you might be concerned about getting separated during the excitement of your visit. It is important that each family or group establish a meeting point for family and friends. We recommend an area outside of the main plaza at specific times throughout the day to check up on all group members. Raging Waves does not page for lost guests but any of our team members and Guest Services is always happy to assist you.
Smoking and Vaping Policy
- What is Raging Waves smoking policy? Raging Waves is a smoke-free facility. A reserved smoking area is available outside the park in the main parking lot, by the flag pole. This includes cigarettes, e-cigarettes. Re-entry will be limited for the 2022 season and will be available between 11:00am and two hours before close.
- The possession and/or usage of marijuana is not permitted anywhere on Raging Waves property.
Add-ons to Your Experience
- Do I have to rent a tube for rides? Tubes are provided for free on all rides that require a tube. Private individual tubes are available for a daily rental fee of $5.00 and may reduce waiting times at rides, but are not required. You can use rental tubes on the following attractions: The Cyclone, The Three Sisters, Great Barrier Reef Wave Pool, and Kookaburra Kreek Lazy River. Guests must purchase a wristband at a Rentals counter to use rental tubes.
- Are lockers available? Yes! Our lockers are located near Aussie Water Company, Great Barrier Reef Wave Pool, and Hungry Croc Restaurant. Daily individual rental lockers are available for $12.00. Family Lockers are also available for $15.00. We highly recommend use of a locker. Click or tap here to rent a locker.
- I want to make this a special day for my family or group. Do you rent private cabanas? Yes we do! Cabanas overlook the Great Barrier Reef Wave Pool, Kookaburra Kreek Lazy River, Koala Kove, and Quokka-Nut Island. Only guests with wristbands will be allowed into the cabana areas, and the number given to the cabana renter is based on the maximum capacity of the cabana. Due to the high popularity of our cabanas, be sure to make your reservations early! Cabanas reserved day of are on a first-come basis in person only. No phone reservations will be accepted. Please note: cabana rental DOES NOT include admission to the park.
- Do you rent towels? No, but we do sell them in the gift shop.
- Do you have gift cards? Yes! Click or tap here to purchase Splash Cash.
- Do you have an ATM machine? Yes! Our ATM is located right next to the Outback Trading Company Gift Shop.
- What happens if it rains during my visit to the park? We will suspend the operations of our attractions when unsafe conditions are present (as determined by Management in conjunction with our weather service). We will re-open when weather conditions in our immediate area are safe to do so (we cannot guarantee ideal weather conditions). In the event we cannot re-open our attractions within 60 minutes, guests remaining in the park will receive a complimentary ticket for a return visit to Raging Waves during the 2022 season (you will receive an email confirmation). No refunds are issued regardless of time spent in the park or if we re-open after inclement weather has passed. There are no refunds on incidental expenses (such as Tube Rentals, Lockers, Food, Cabanas, Parking, etc.). Operating hours and attraction status are subject to change.
- Does Raging Waves offer rainchecks in case of inclement weather? Raging Waves is open every day of the season, rain or shine but can close for the day based on current poor conditions and a poor forecast. If we experience inclement weather that includes lightning (or some other extreme weather condition), the park will suspend operations until it passes. If the park closes for the day, all customers remaining in the park (except season pass holders) will receive a complimentary return ticket for a visit during the 2022 season via email. Guests MUST use the weather voucher email to reserve their future visit to the park. Exchange may be done only on the day in which the park closes. Refunds are not offered.
- Are there days when Raging Waves will not open due to weather? Yes. Because we are an outdoor park with all water attractions, there are days we might not be able to open for guest comfort or safety. Forecasted high temperatures for our area (Yorkville/Bristol, Illinois) must generally be at least 72 degrees or warmer. We also taking into account cloud cover, wind and potential precipitation on these cool days. We typically make these decisions by 9am and we suggest you checkout our website and Facebook page, or call 630-882-6575 for updates on questionable weather days.
- What items are NOT allowed into Raging Waves?
- Outside food or beverages
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes and other paraphernalia.
- Glass items (including but not limited to jars, bottles, and mirrors), or other sharp or potentially dangerous items.
- Flotation devices and noodles
- Selfie sticks
All bags are inspected upon entrance. Unauthorized items will need to be thrown away or returned to your vehicle. Raging Waves will not hold unauthorized items for guests. All photography is limited to friends and family. Any actions deemed inappropriate are cause for immediate ejection without refund. All policies/items are at the discretion of Raging Waves management. GoPro (or other) video cameras may not be taken down rides.
- May I bring my own life jacket and/or tube into the water park? Outside life jackets and puddle jumpers are permitted if they bear the “Coast Guard Approved” tag. We have life jackets available near the wave pool which are complimentary for guests, however they are first come first serve. Because of the active nature of our attractions, personal flotation devices, including children’s water wings, noodles, tubes are not allowed in the park. All policies are at the discretion of Raging Waves management.
Food and Beverage
- Does Raging Waves Do Mobile Ordering? Yes, Raging Waves now does mobile ordering for the Hungry Croc Restaurant. Download the Raging Waves Waterpark mobile app from the Apple App Store or Android Google Play Store. Just take a seat at a picnic table in the Hungry Croc seating area and your food will be delivered to you! You also receive delivery service if you have a cabana for the day.
- Can I bring food and beverages into Raging Waves? Guests are allowed to bring two factory-sealed water bottles into the park. Guests may bring one empty water bottle but it must be made of plastic or metal. You may only bring SOFT coolers into the park that are no larger than 8” X 10” x 8” (Lunch box size as seen below). Lunch box sized coolers can only contain water bottles and ice. No other outside food or beverages are permitted are the park. If you do come to the gate with any of those items, we will ask you to please either bring them back to your vehicle or dispose of them before entering the park. We cannot hold onto unauthorized items for guests. We suggest guests who are bringing food and beverage to keep all items in a cooler in their cars and use provided picnic areas outside the park to enjoy lunch or snacks (re-entry only between 11:00am-3:00pm). Additionally, grilling is not permitted on Raging Waves property.
- What if I or a member of my group have special medical dietary needs? Please contact our firstname.lastname@example.org to make special food arrangements at least 24 hours in advance. Due to the numerous fraudulent attempts to circumvent our policies (true example: “My child needs a 24-pack of Mountain Dew with him at all times”), we have instituted this policy to ensure that those with true medical needs can fully enjoy their time at Raging Waves. *Ingredients for Food & Beverage items can be found in the Guest Services Office and at each food venue.
- What if I don’t want to eat at the restaurants or concession kiosks? Several picnic tables are located in our parking lot, and are available on a first-come, first serve basis. Re-enter will only be allowed between 11:00am-3:00pm.
- Is dining at Raging Waves expensive? Not at all! Unlike other theme parks, we keep our food and beverage prices competitive with many popular fast food restaurants.
- What is the best place and time to eat? Raging Waves offer 2 restaurants and multiple snack carts throughout the park. To beat the crowds we recommend eating around 11:00am or after 1:30pm for lunch.
- Does everyone need an admission ticket to enter? Yes! All guests must have a valid admission ticket or season pass to enter Raging Waves.
- Do you have a spectator admission ticket? We do not offer a spectator admission ticket. Because there is no way to separate or regulate those who are not using the attractions, all guests entering Raging Waves must have a valid ticket However, infants 1 and under will be admitted for free.
- Can my twelve year old (or younger) child be by themselves at Raging Waves? For the safety of our guests, only children 13 years old or older may visit Raging Waves without adult supervision. Children 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a responsible adult, 18 years of age or older. Children 12 and under may never be dropped off and left unsupervised.
- What is the re-entry policy? You may leave and re-enter the park only between the hours of 11:30am and two hours before the park closes. In order to re-enter, all guests (including season passholders) must get a handstamp prior to exiting.
- What is the refund policy? All tickets and season passes purchased online or at the park are non-refundable. Additionally, we cannot provide refunds if you decide you are not comfortable attending the park this summer. (No extensions are allowed).
- Do you have lifeguards on duty? Yes, we take safety very seriously. All Raging Waves lifeguards are certified by Ellis and Associates, the leaders in water park safety.
- Why do the lifeguards perform mock rescues when Raging Waves is open?" The lifeguard training provider, Jeff Ellis & Associates (E&A) requires that staff practice Vigilance Awareness Training (VAT) as an educational tool for lifeguards. E&A has long been an innovator in the aquatic community. VAT seeks to educate, train, and prepare lifeguards for a submersion event. Through exhaustive research, the VAT training uses a mannequin to simulate a submerged victim. E&A found that with this training technique, the average detection time was 30 seconds; some detection occurred in as little as 10 seconds. This program is unique in that it involves actually showing lifeguards what a submerged victim looks like. If you see a mannequin in or around Raging Waves, do not remove it.
- Are there height and weight restrictions for some of the slides?For guests 48″ tall or taller, there are no height restrictions (except in areas designed for young children). Height measurement stations are available at Admissions, Guest Services, In the main Plaza, and at the base of attractions. Please be sure to measure accurately and remember safety first. All policies are at the discretion of Raging Waves management.
Attraction Height Requirement Weight Requirement Brock's Giant Sandbox None None The Great Barrier Reef None None Kookaburra Kreek None None Quokka-Nut Island Over 36" tall Under 54" tall None Koala Kove Under 48" tall Under 54" tall None Kangaroo Falls Over 36" tall to ride lower slides Over 42" tall to ride upper slides None Wild Wallabies Over 42" tall None Aussie Mat Dash Over 42" tall None The Crocodile Mile Over 42" tall Must be accompanied by an adult if under 48" tall Combined rider weight must not exceed 800lbs The Three Sisters Over 42" tall Must be accompanied by an adult if under 48" tall Single rider weight must not exceed 250lbs Double rider combined weight must not exceed 400lbs Tasmanian Twisters Over 48" tall None PJ's Plummet Over 48" tall None Cyclone Over 48" tall Single rider weight must not exceed 250lbs Double rider combined weight must not exceed 400lbs Platypus Plunge Over 48" tall Single rider weight must not exceed 250lbs Double rider combined weight must not exceed 400lbs The Boomerang Over 48" tall Combined rider weight must be between 200lbs and 700lbs Wonambi Over 48" tall Combined rider weight must be between 200lbs and 700lbs
- Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act On December 19th 2008 the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act went into effect. This new law requires VGB Compliant Pool Drain Grates. We are VGB Compliant but please note in some applications these grates have a raised profile off the floor as mandated by the Law.
- May I bring my own life jacket and/or tube into the water park?Outside lifejackets are permitted if they bear the “Coast Guard Approved” tag. If you do not own a lifejacket, we do have life jackets that you may borrow during your day at the park for no cost. Because of the active nature of our attractions, personal flotation devices, including children’s water wings, noodles, tubes are not allowed in the park. All policies are at the discretion of Raging Waves management.
- Does Raging Waves charge for parking? Standard and Handicap Parking at Raging Waves is $10 per vehicle per visit for the 2022 season. Preferred parking (which is closer to the entrance gate) is from $20 per vehicle per visit for the 2022 season. Parking for busses, RV's, and other oversized vehicles (i.e. a vehicle that takes up multiple parking spaces) is $20 per vehicle per visit for the 2022 season. Please note: there is limited availability for handicap and preferred parking.
- What if I have a season pass? Standard parking is included with your pass, so there is no additional charge. However, if you want preferred parking, that is available to you from $20 per vehicle per visit.
- If I pay for parking, leave, and come back, do I have to pay for parking again? There are no in and out privileges for any guests! Once you leave the parking lot, you must pay again to park.
- What days will Raging Waves be open for the 2022 season? Tap or click here to view our 2022 Operating Schedule
- Are there days when Raging Waves will not open due to weather? For the safety and comfort of our guests, Raging Waves may not open on select days due to weather. Forecasted high temperatures for our area must generally be at least 72 degrees or warmer. We also take into account cloud cover, wind and potential precipitation on these cool days. We typically make these decisions by 9am and we suggest you checkout our website or call 630-882-6575 for updates on questionable weather days.
- Are there days when not all attractions at Raging Waves will not be open? For the safety of our guests, all attractions are subject to temporary maintenance or safety shutdowns. Attractions are also subject to closure and/or rotating schedule without notice.
Processing My Season Pass
- How do I process my season pass? For the 2022 Season, we are very excited to announce that all passholders will have a Digital Season Pass! Tap or click here to learn how to access your digital season pass and upload your season pass photo.