Seven Tips for an Unforgettable Day at Raging Waves
Follow these simple guidelines for an unforgettable day at the Largest of the Waterparks in Illinois.
#1 Weather Forecasts Can Fool You
• If the forecast says 40% chance of scattered storms, there is 60% chance of sun. If a storm does come, it's likely to be short, or possibly in a different town altogether.
• Lines are likely to be shorter on a day with a chance of rain, which means guests can go down that favorite slide more.
• Raging Waves is committed to the safety of guests and staff members. The waterpark is equipped with its own lightning detection system, and can detect threatening weather from 1,200 miles away.
• If the waterpark closes for the day because of inclement weather, guests receive a pass for a future visit in the 2012 season.
Remember… every day is a good day to be at Raging Waves Waterpark!
#2 Be Sun Smart
Sunscreen: Generously apply water-resistant sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15 throughout the day. Experts say that sunscreen should be applied so generously that it doesn't disappear into the skin. Remember: sunscreen is fully effective 30 minutes after it's applied.
Sunglasses: Research shows most people do not wear sunglasses during extended sun exposure, but we should. Sunglasses with UV protection protect the sensitive skin around the eyes as well as against damage to the cornea, lens, and retina.
Forget your sunscreen or sunglasses? Visit the Outback Trading Company for all of your sun safety needs.
#3 Stay Hydrated
On a hot summer day, nothing is better for your body than to keep hydrated and drink plenty of water. About 60-70% of your body is water and the body uses it to keep healthy. And, when you perspire, you need even more water to keep from getting headaches and feeling, literally, "drained." Pick up water or other cold drinks at one of our snack shops, kiosks, any of our vending machines or in our gift shop.
#4 Set Clear Expectations for Children
Talk to children the night before or on the car ride to Raging Waves about how you'd like them to behave at the park. Conversations about waiting patiently in line, staying close to family members, and at what time you are planning to leave the park are some good ones to have before you arrive. When children have a clear understanding of how you want them to behave in public, everyone has a better time.
#5 Take Care of Tots
If one of your children is a beginning swimmer or isn't confident in the water, use one of Raging Waves' free lifejackets for peace of mind and your child's safety. Lifejackets are located throughout the park.
Remember to bring plenty of swim diapers for young children who aren't yet potty-trained. This keeps children comfortable and happy and our pools clean.
#6 Don't Fret Over Your Phone
Rent a small locker at the park to stow your phone, wallet, and other valuables while you are on our waterslides. Lockers cost $7 plus a refundable $5 key deposit.
#7 Family Check List
Everyone's needs are different, but most of our guests bring towels, sunscreen, and money for food and treats. (Parking and lifejackets are always free of charge at Raging Waves.) Outside food and drink are not allowed inside the park at Raging Waves (except factory-sealed water bottles), but we are proud of the quality and pricing of our snack bars and we think you’ll like them too. (You can go to your car to retrieve forgotten sunglasses or more sunscreen any time during your visit to Raging Waves Waterpark.)